The NYANP recently held its annual strategic meeting where the NYANP board members met in person to talk about goals, strategies, and objectives. This year the board met in Peter Bongiorno’s beautiful office in NYC. We spent our day looking back at the past year and looking forward into the future.
As the new Executive Director, I have the privilege to work with some very talented, intelligent, and passionate people. They volunteer a tremendous amount of their time to focus on the NYANP’s mission (healthy patients and licensed NY NDs–and I like to add the promotion of Naturopathic Medicine).
They are passionate about Naturopathic Medicine and their hard work shows. Here are just some of the positive changes that have occurred during the last year:
- We received a $10,000 grant from Emerson Ecologics.
- Because of this grant, we are able to retain a lobbyist for an entire year.
- Thorne Research has continued to increase their financial support to our Organization.
- We’ve completely redone the website.
- Our website has won an award as one of the best naturopathic medicine websites in the world.
- We’ve increased traffic to the website making us the most trafficked national association for NDs in the U.S.
- We’ve cut our costs by a third.
- We held the most successful conference to date (Oct. 2013).
- We’ve increased membership by 35%.
- We’ve added a new top membership level–the Leader–and have 4 NDs who have signed up for this.
- We’ve boosted our presence on social media.
- And the list goes on…
We’re inspired to make this coming year our best yet! We’ve got our list of goals and objectives. But, we need your help! We can’t do this alone. Here are some ways you can help us carry out our mission:
- Make yourself known to your local legislators in both the Assembly and Senate. This builds rapport and relationships.
- Become a member of the NYANP if you’re not one already (Membership)
- Ask other NDs to become members and to join the cause for licensure
- Go to Lobby Day (held in April 2015)
- If you’re a member and ND, write articles and submit them to our website (email to email@example.com)
- Participate in our legislative update webinars
- Put the blog badge on your website (Blog Badge)
- Keep informed — sign up for our newsletter (on front, right, top of page)
We couldn’t do this without you! This strategic meeting was about gathering NDs together as a united whole to pursue licensure for New York NDs and to promote the practice of Naturopathic Medicine.