The Functional Forum is a monthly education and networking event for health professionals who are passionate about the evolution of medicine. Set in the fabulous Helen Mills theater in the heart of Manhattan, this new concept in practitioner education brings together the latest health news, functional medicine research, practice development and health technology in an upbeat, entertaining way.
The Functional Forum curates the industry’s leading innovators in a new mixed-media format that combines interviews, TED-style talks, videos, audience interaction and music. Our sponsors bring you the best healthy snacks and refreshments.
This comes at an exciting time for functional and integrative medicine, not only clinically, but also in the innovative business models being developed around the country. With health politics raising more questions than answers and with technology changing the healthcare landscape for good, there has never been a more ripe time for health innovation.
Who should attend? Holistic Health Professionals: MD, DO, ND, DC, RN, NP, LAc., DOM, CCN, etc
The Functional Forum will be the first Wednesday of each month, and the inaugural event is set for Wednesday, February 5th.
For more information please click here: Functional Forum
Here are the highlights for the first event:
“Treating the Big Boys”
- We interview NYANP’s own Dr. Donielle Wilson about treating some of America’s most powerful men, New York’s Fortune 500 CEOs.
- How is naturopathy affecting the decision making in the corridors of power? Learn about Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini’s newfound passion for holistic medicine and more!
Top 5 Healthtech Picks for 2014
- We shine a light on the tops tech tools that are invaluable to functional and holistic medical practices
- We review best apps, digital tools, practice systems, emerging technologies and websites that are making waves in medicine and Silicon Valley
“Structure Leads to Function”
- In what ways do correct structure aid optimal function? Can functional medicine takes its rightful place in medicine without an understanding of optimal structure?
- Dr Tom Giammatteo, as medical director of Institute of IMT, has lectured all around the world on the synergy of structure, functional medicine, hands on therapy and bioenergetic medicine
The Future of Patient Education
- How efficient is your patient education system? Is it just telling patients things? What do they remember?
- Revive Primary Care CEO James Maskell looks at the traditional and emerging education systems from health coaches, handouts, group visits, blogging and digital video curation
“Empowerment is the New Compliance”
- Does our current patriarchal system of ‘patient compliance’ hold value in the era of chronic disease and internet hypochondriacs? Who is in control?
- Integrative coach Gabriel Hoffman shares his thoughts and practical strategies for empowering patients towards their own health goals
7.30pm – Doors Open
Networking, snacks and refreshments from our sponsors
8pm – Show starts
9.30pm – Show ends
Please note: If you can’t make the event (whether you’re working late, upstate, on Long Island) there is free live streaming.
See the website Functional Forum: Accelerating the Evolution of Medicine for more details on pricing. **All NYANP members use code NYANPFF to receive a 50% discount off the tickets.