CNDA–Pharmacy Webinar 23
- This event has passed.
CNDA–Pharmacy Webinar 23
November 18, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
PHARMACY WEBINAR 23
Naturopathic Management of Autoimmune Disease: Clinical Updates on Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematous
with Dr. Alena Guggenheim, ND
DATE: November 18, 2014
TIME: 6:30 pm PST – 9:00 pm PST
$75 members or $95 non-members (CNDA)
For more information, please click here: http://stores.modularmarket.com/cnda/?tid=4 (this id is unique to the NYANP. When you use this link and make a purchase through CNDA, the NYANP will receive 15% of the total purchase–it’s a win-win for everyone!)
Rheumatoid arthritis and SLE are highly unpredictable and difficult diseases to manage. Patients can have a varied presentation, and diagnosis is not always clear. Many clinicians continue to use dated labs and diagnostic criteria when working with suspected auto-immune disorders. This presentation will provide a clinical update on diagnosis and provide tools to help clinicians treat these autoimmune disorders safely. Emphasis will be placed on understanding morbidity and using evidence-based naturopathic treatment plans to improve health risks. The most current prescription drugs and biological conventional treatments will also be reviewed, including controversies around efficacy and risks of treatment. Attendees will leave with the confidence to diagnose, understand the complexities of conventional treatment and utilize evidence-based naturopathic management of rheumatoid arthritis and SLE.
Attend this presentation to confidently:
- Understand the various clinical presentations of rheumatoid arthritis and SLE
- Be able to utilize the most up to date diagnostic criteria and testing practices for RA and SL
- Be able to appropriately order and interpret ANA and extractable nuclear antigen testing
- Understand morbidity and mortality of SLE and when to co-manage with conventional rheumatologist
- Utilize naturopathic modalities in the evidence-based management of rheumatoid arthritis and SLE
- Understand the risks, benefits and controversies of conventional treatment
- Understand and manage drug side effects from medications used to treat RA and SLE
NEW! CNDA CE Credits
The NYANP has teamed up with the California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA) to bring you California’s wide selection of self-study recordings and upcoming live CE events. Not only do you get a great selection to choose from, but the NYANP receives 15% of the proceeds from the sales!
- You must use the link given on this page so that we are credited for the sale (see below).
- The link will bring you to the CNDA store page, not to a particular product. You must then choose, when you are on their website, which CE course(s) you’d like to purchase.
- If you are interested in purchasing CE credits from the CNDA, please click here: http://stores.modularmarket.com/cnda/?tid=4